Sunday, October 12, 2014

Sunday Daze



I love Sundays, they're the epitome of a weekend. I always make sure to make my Sunday as quiet and relaxing as possible. I love having the time to relax as much as possible, so I always make my Sunday routines a bit lengthy.

I normally wake up around 8 or 9, I'm usually an early riser. I lay in bed for a while, check my phone, turn on Netflix, and don't get out of bed until I've finished at last one episode of House.

Then, I always drive to the bakery and get a lemon iced tea or a toasted almond iced coffee (no matter how cold it it may be), and buy a sticky bun also. It may not be healthy but the taste is worth it!

Once I come back with my breakfast, I turn on another episode of either House or Grey's Anatomy on Hulu and think about how I'm going to spend my day.

One of the biggest parts of my Sunday routine is face masks, I always make some organic face masks depending on my skin's stated. Whatever my skin has endured over the week calls for some serious rehab and rejuvenation. Normal problems I experience with my skin is dryness, acne, and dullness. Here's a few to help out your weekly skin problems!

  1.  A great recipe for dryness is the Milk and Honey Mask, for this you'll need just milk and honey, 2 tablespoons of each. Mix the milk and honey together, then spread it across your face with a brush or your fingers and leave it there for 15 minutes. Just wash it off with lukewarm water and pat dry, and then rinse with cold water to close your pores off from any extra dirt. then ta-da!! You're done! It's one of the easiest masks but my skin always feels like its a day old afterwards!
  2. An awesome mask for acne, and those days when it feels like a pimple is emerging every day is the Egg White and Lemon Juice Mask. All you need is the following: 1 egg white, 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice, and 1/3 teaspoon of tumeric powder. Whisk the egg in a mixing bowl until it's frothy, then mix in the lemon juice and tumeric. After about 15 minutes, or wen the face mask has dried, use warm water to rinse off the mask, then rinse with cold water to close your pores off from any extra dirt. It'll shrink up your pores in just 15 minutes.
  3. I always make a lip scrub each week, it's not only supper yummy, but makes me lips amazingly soft and makes any lipstick or gloss look 10x better! My favorite recently had been a Pumpkin Pie Lip Scrub, it's tastes amazing and is very seasonal! The ingredients are 1/4 cup of pumpkin pie mix, 2 tablespoons of brown sugar (light or dark), and 1 table spoon of olive oil. Make sure you have a jar with a lid to put the scrub in after you've made it. Mix the puree and brown sugar as much as possible so that the sugar mostly dissolves. Then stir in the olive oil and mix until it's smooth! It's really not difficult and it tastes amazing, basically having a pumpkin spice latte on your lips :)!
I always like to do my "self-improvement" routine while watching Law and Order: SVU, it's a guilty pleasure, and season 16 is the best!!

Lastly, I always like to make a treat for the week. This week's treat can be found here, on my most recent post!

What are your Sunday routines? Mine change all the time, so I'm open to any


P.S. I'm starting an all green and clean cleanse, so if anybody has any tips or recipe ideas please comment them below!

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Caffeinated Collegiate
Maira Gall