Monday, January 11, 2016

Resolutions... ugh


I have never had an actual New Years Resolution that I can remember. Or maybe I just forget about them by some time in the first week of January and block them out. Who knows. But this year I don't exactly have a resolution. but more of a plan.


Two weeks ago I started Kayla Itsines Bikini Body Guide. #KaylasArmy here I come...
For those of you who don't know what "BBG" is, it is a 12 week plan formulated by Australian personal trainer Kayla Itsines. It consists of two guides, the eating plan and the workout plan. The plan costs about $70 for the most basic package, but I was lucky enough to have a friend loan it to me. THANK GOD. Again, broke college student over here.

The eating plan is based off set servings of each food group, and the workout plan involves 3 resistance workouts a week formulated by Kayla, and some forms of required cardio as well. I don't want to go in to too much detail but I will link reviews that do below.

Kayla Itsines may be a marketing genius. Her Instagram is full of relatable transformations that are the result of her workout guide. She rarely posts pictures of herself because she is aware that women from New York cannot relate to some fit Australian wonder woman. Heres an example of a transformation -

Pretty impressive huh? And persuasive. Especially the fact that there's thousands more posts like this one. Makes you start to think, maybe it really does work.


So far, I'm not seeing much change in my body and its a little bit disappointing. Also getting up the motivation to go to the gym for just a 40 minute cardio session is not the easiest. But on the other hand, the eating plan is much easier. First there's a week of planned meals to get you used to the serving sizes and foods you will be eating. And I have to mention, I am never left hungry, in fact sometimes I don't eat it all because I'm so full. But she gives substitution examples for the picky eaters out there as well!

Overall, the guides are keeping me occupied and active or I would honestly be sitting on the couch all vacation. Actually, I still do that.. But I think it has made me more conscious of how many empty calories I used to eat, as well as the fact that I drink no water. Just coffee. Whoops. I'll do a quick update by Week 4 to inform you on any progress made.


Megan's Review on Kayla Itsines Bikini Body GuideBikini Body Workout - Try Kayla Itsines 12 Week Program‎

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Caffeinated Collegiate
Maira Gall