Friday, May 5, 2017

My Hangover Cure

Finally Friday!!! Thank God. Who doesn't love the weekend? As we all prepare ourselves for a weekend of going out, theres that little whisper in the back of mind reminding us about the awful morning that ensues afterwards. True, true, it doesn't have to but whatever sometimes you don't mean to and it just happens. You wake up hungover. Well life moves on,  but sometimes it feels like it's the end of the world for a couple hours. So in order to push ourselves through a rough morning, I've compiled a list of my hangover tips for when you just can't stay in bed all day (even though that's what I did this morning).



SIP the water, don't chug!!!
This is so key, especially if you're feeling particularly nauseous. I know the feeling of waking up so dehydrated and wanting to grab a cold water and slug it back, but please for your own benefit don't. If you're not already nauseous it will definitely make your stomach turn. But do make sure to drink water, or you'll feel worse for way longer. 

Your breakfast plan: Carbs + fats
We all know we crave a good greasy meal after a long night, but the only thing that actually helps us about the meals are the carb loaded potatoes and the fats from the cheese, (and kind of the oil to fry shit). But if you;re feeling like taking a healthier approach, go for avo toast with eggs. Sometimes I ball out and go for a California Benedict breakfast and scarf it down in bed, but when I'm too broke I keep it simple with the aforementioned. 

Educate yo self: according to Labdoor magazine, eggs increase our levels of glutathione and alcohol dehydrogenase. These two molecules help break down alcohol. This goes for asparagus too. See I knew my intuition was on the right track!

Try to get outside and move a little at some point
I try to walk to pick up whatever food I need if I go out, or stick my head out the car window if it really comes down to it. I don't know what it is, but getting outside automatically makes me feel better (also why one of my favorite places to be hungover is the beach, that breeze ugh). So if possible, take a walk, even if your friends have to drag you or vice versa, or just eat breakfast on the porch. It'll help I swear!

Supplements
If you're past the point of these easier fixes or have something you really need to do that day, it's time to bring some supplements in to the game. Try the following:
  • Pedialite, a favorite among college students all over the country
  • Vitamin C, just any Emergen-C or anything will do, dump it in your water bottle and boom now you've hit two birds with one stone
  • Now this is like extreme extreme, and I have yet to try it but seems like it would do well. Try this hangover cure connection by Lauryn Evarts. That girl seems to have it together so I trust her considering she said she drinks it every morning she wakes up slightly hungover. 
Alright kids, I've done what I can do to help our sorry asses. Now grab a gatorade and get the hell out of bed. 

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Caffeinated Collegiate
Maira Gall